A virtual meeting between Blue Key student members and elected officials will be held in February 2022 as was done in February 2021.
During the 2020 Georgia Legislative session, Blue Key students traveled to Atlanta together with advisor Bob Izlar and staff liaison Janet Lance to meet government and business leaders who are personally supportive of the University’s Blue Key program. On February 4th, the students met with Governor Brian Kemp and were recognized with a Resolution on the Floor of the Georgia Senate and the Georgia House of Representatives. From the Capitol they went to the Georgia Room of the Sloppy Floyd Towers Building where the Blue Key students hosted a luncheon for Blue Key alumni, area business leaders and legislators.
The students had the opportunity during the luncheon to meet:
- Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr
- State Representatives Houston Gaines and Chuck Martin
- David Dove, Executive Counsel to Governor Brian Kemp
- Abit Massey from the Georgia Poultry Federation
- Paul Chambers with AT&T
- Randy Nuckolls with Dentons US LLP
- Lewis Massey with Impact Public Affairs
- Neal Quirk of Quirk & Quirk LLC
- Dr. Charles Bullock, UGA Richard B. Russell Chair in Political Science
- Grant Thomas, UGA Government Relations Office
- Kristen Linthicum, UGA Government Relations Office
- Carey Miller with Robbins Firm
- Wes Robinson with American Chemistry Council, Southern Region
- Raymond Phillips with Daugherty Business Solutions
This luncheon was a wonderful opportunity for the student members of Blue Key to network with the Blue Key alumni and supporters.